My kids are famous for the original names they bestow on their stuffed animals. The monkey's name is Monkey, the puppy's name is Puppy ... you get the idea.
This system works, until a second member of same species arrives.
You see, on Monday, the Build-a-Bear turtle joined our family. He was named Turtley. Yesterday, the Webkinz turtle entered our house of stuffies. Since Turtley was already taken, we imaginatively named him Shelly.
Fire up the Webkinz, site. Type in Shelly's name.
You can't use the name Shelly because it contains a Webkinz-forbidden word.
Oh well, what the hell. Now our turtle's name is Shel.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
There is work to be done! But I can't help it when Cash Cow keeps calling me back. Here are a few simple strategies I use to help maximize my daily Webkinz time.
1. Daily KinzCare. Click on My Pets then click on Daily KinzCare. You get a 10-35 every day and something to eat.
2. Wishing Well. Located in the Arcade. You only get 1 turn a day but it's an easy place to rack up coins. We've received anywhere from 20 to over 150 coins.
3. Quizzy's Corner. Takes around 15 minutes but for a series of 50 questions you can receive up to 250 coins per round. Great to do on your own or the easier questions with kids. My tip when doing it with the younger children is to be in control of the mouse. Read the question and answers together and they can tell you what they think the answer is. Even if they guess a wrong answer I always still click the right answer and we can talk about the answer together. In addition you're not losing those coins.
4. Employment Office. After you've answered a series of questions at Quizzy's Corner it opens up a lot of jobs at the Employment Office. Some jobs are a lot harder than others.
5. Gem Hunting at the Curio Shop. We've always sell our gems and so far have received anywhere from 22 coins to 350 coins per gem.
6. Cash Cow and Cash Cow. They are by far my favorite games in the Arcade and it seems to be easier to rack up coins in these games compared to others.
Hopefully, these 6 tips will help maximize your Webkinz time in your very busy day.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
No one wakes up one day and says, "Today, I'm going to be a Webkinz addict." Junkies don't wake up dreaming of being, well, junkies.
No. It begins with a question. And, always the same question: "What's the big deal?"
When school started, the kids wanted Webkinz. When Christmas rolled around, the kids asked for Webkinz. Webkinz: the #1 search term on Google. Webkinz, Webkinz, Webkinz.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL???
I gave it try just to see WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL.
Three weeks into the New Year, and I found the big deal. Kinz cash, clothes, housewares, games, friends. That's the big deal. I love it and I hate it at the same time.
Two hours shot to H-ll playing Cash Cow 2. What's happened to me?
I never dreamed I'd wake up early for "just a little" Cash Cow 2. It's such a big deal. I've got to get to Level 6. Maybe after breakfast ...
Saturday, January 19, 2008
If you identify with more than one of the following you may be a Webkinz addict.
1. You play Webkinz after your kids are in bed or at school.
2. Your kids are whining that they haven't had a turn yet because your playing.
3. During the work day you find yourself thinking about what you will buy next for your room.
4. You sneak Webkinz time and quickly close the webpage when you hear someone coming.
5. You have or are thinking about buying your Webkin so that you can take care of all by yourself.
It began innocently enough.
After the kids went to bed, I noticed that they had not logged out of Webkinz.
As I was taking Koalie back home, I thought I'd stop and pick up some things for his house.
When the kids woke I eagerly showed them all the things I bought.
"That's cool, Dad!"
"Where'd you find that, Dad?"
I was walking on air. My kids liked the stuff I bought. I jumped up triumphantly to go make breakfast.
The triumphant was short.
As soon as I got in the kitchen, my son screamed: "Where's all my money?!?"